Special Offer: Order Today and Save $8
Discover How a To Write a Contract for Adult Children Living at Home Easier
Learn the rules to making it work when adult children move back home, including how to word a contract that makes the rules clear!
From: Christina Newberry
If you’re faced with the frustration of dealing with adult children living at home — or kids who never left home — even though they are in their late 20s, 30s, or even 40s, you need to know you’re not alone. You may need a contract for adult children living at home.
The truth is nearly 25 million adult children are living in a home with their parents in the U.S. alone.
A recent Canadian census released in September 2012 showed that, of kids aged 20 to 29, over 42% live with their parents!
While it’s nice to think that families with adult children living at home can always get along like they do on TV, the fact is that having adult children return home — also called boomerang kids — can put a ton of stress on you and your partner, especially if you don’t have a contract for adult children living at home that lays out house rules for them — and you!.
The impact can include…
- Stretching your household budget beyond the breaking point.
- Having a negative influence on younger children still living at home.
- Leaving you with feelings of guilt, even when you’re doing all that you can (and maybe more than you should!)
- Actually holding your kid back from success and a fulfilling life by giving too much.
- The difficulty of deciding when it’s finally time to ask your child to leave!
As if these very real problems aren’t enough, you also need to make sure that you…
Don’t make the mistake of thinking your Boomerang Kid is only affecting you!
One Canadian study found that couples who had kids back under their roof were 10% more likely to suffer through arguments than couples living in an empty nest.
It can be confusing: they are your children, after all, but they’re not kids. What rules apply? Do you charge rent? Do they have curfews?
And — if it comes to it — how do you kick out your own son or daughter?
Even more challenging are the so-called “boomerang kids,” adult children who return to live in the family home after already leaving once (or more)!
But as tough as it can be, there are families that make it work. The best way to follow in their footsteps is to…
Learn Survival Rules from a “kid” who’s been there!
As an adult who has successfully lived with my parents after leaving home — twice — I’ve learned a few key strategies.
I’ve taken these winning strategies — along with a few mistakes — and combined them with proven communication tools and in-depth research to develop this step-by-step guide to surviving (and thriving!) when your child returns.
I’ve been able to offer practical advice to the thousands of parents who have read my book and used my suggestions to improve their relationships with their adult children.
Plus, I’ve also reached tens of thousands more parents like you through interviews with media outlets around the world covering the growing issue of adult children who have returned home.
But as much media coverage as this issue has received, most parents need more help navigating this new territory.
They also need the tools they can customize to their specific circumstances. I’ll get back to these customizable tools — including a contract for adult children living at home — and why they make such a difference in a minute, but first I want to tell you that…
Even the best parents need help navigating this new arrangement…
Admitting you need a bit of help doesn’t mean you’re not a great parent.
In fact, it’s a sign that you are a caring parent, who wants only the best for your grown son or daughter who’s come back home to live.
The truth is, having adult children living under your roof isn’t the same as dealing with them when they were kids.
In fact, treating them the same way you used to is almost a guaranteed way of causing more problems than you solve, even with the best intentions!
You see, all of the professionals agree that to successfully cope with boomerang kids who come back home, you need to renegotiate your relationship.
This isn’t an easy thing to do!
My guide shares proven tips to make renegotiating your relationship easier, including…
- Why setting up “house rules” is a crucial step that even your adult kids will appreciate.
- The secret to making contract for adult children living at home work for everyone.
- The secrets to building solid communication habits with your kids.
- How to tell the difference between constructive support and dangerous support that can hurt your children.
- Three key ways adult children who return home must be treated differently than before they left.
- But when you are renegotiating your relationship with your grown son or daughter, it’s easy to go too far.
After all, you love them and want to help.
However, sometimes too much help is dangerous, so you must…
Learn how to avoid the mistake of giving too much!
Even if you get along fine with your grown kids, many parents make the fatal mistake of giving too much, even to the point of jeopardizing their own hard-won financial security!
Plus, you may not be doing your adult children any favors…
A new survey indicates the percentage of people who purchase their own homes while in their 30s increases with age of departure from the parental home until about age 25 ñ then it drops.
After age 28, their chances of becoming homeowners are no better than children who fly the coop at 16.
- How to charge them rent and help them get back on their feet — at the same time!
- The secret to making a household budget that accurately reflects the child’s impact on your finances.
- The best way to help them overcome crippling debt — without taking on the burden yourself!
Sometimes, your grown kids may be living with you while they launch their career, save for a house, or build for their future.
But if they’ve come back home because of personal or health reasons you need tools to help you…
Deal with dangerous habits, unsafe behavior and difficult situations.
That’s why I’ve included advice on…
- How to safely deal with adult children moving back home and partying and stealing.
- The special rules you need to consider to help your child’s recovery.
- When you need to get professional help to ensure your safety and the health of your adult child.
- The difficulty of deciding when it’s finally time to ask your child to leave!
Where to turn for professional advice and support when things go wrong…
Even without these challenging circumstances, every situation is unique.
For kids returning home after years away, there’s often the added complexity of having them bring along their partner, spouse, and even kids of their own!
That’s why The Hands-on Guide To Surviving Adult Children Living at Home includes tips on…
What do do when your adult child brings home a family of their own…
- The five steps to successfully welcoming your child’s partner or spouse into your home.
- How to help your child become a better parent, without getting stuck in the baby-sitting trap!
- Knowing the boundaries you need to respect, even if you don’t agree with how they’re raising their own kids.
- How to word a contract for adult children living at home.
Just a couple of tips from this practical, hands-on eBook could save you another sleepless night, help avoid one more pointless argument with your partner or child, and actually improve your relationship with your kid!
Think of how much you’d value that peace of mind!
You can be on your way to a better situation just minutes after ordering and downloading this 115-page eBook, all for only USD
$27.97 now just $19.97!
But advice is only one part of my formula. I also want to give you the practical, hands-on tools to help you put this advice into action, and see immediate results!
So while supplies last, I’m including…
Customizable “Under One Roof” Contract for Adult Children Living at Home
Along with the useful strategies, practical tips, and solid advice offered in The Hands-on Guide To Surviving Adult Children Living at Home, I also want to make sure you have the practical tools and resources to take action, so for a limited time I’m including…
My 8-page Customizable “Under One Roof” Contract, to help set agreements on…
- Household rules, including swearing, noise, and more…
- Determining who covers additional expenses.
- Fair use of shared resources, like the family computer and TV.
- The thorny issue of overnight guests…
- Privacy rules for both parents and their adult children.
- Which chores your grown kids will be responsible for.
Plus, to help nail down agreements in special circumstances, I’ve included an add-on contract for adult children who come home with children of their own.
All of this in an easy-to-use, customizable format, written in easy-to-understand, plain English!
Household Budget Calculator
A key step in managing adult children living at home is being aware of — and making them aware of — the extra financial impact they have on your household expenses.
This fully-customizable Calculator helps you determine your boomerang kid’s impact on your household budget, and lets you assign a portion of the current costs — or the total additional costs — of having them live under your roof.
We’ll even include a handy 4-page guide, showing you step-by-step how to account for different types of household expenses!
You may be skeptical — that’s normal. After all, the pain, guilt, and hassle of having an adult child living at home can make it seem like you’ll never find a solution.
So to ease your mind, I’m offering this one-of-a-kind…
My Unconditional 30-day Guarantee:
I want you to benefit from the solid advice, detailed information, and useful resources I’ve packed into The Hands-on Guide To Surviving Adult Children Living at Home, so…
Take a full month — 30 days — to review the guide and put it into action. Try as many of the practical tips as you like.
Once you’ve used these strategies in your own home, I’m sure you’ll NEVER want to send it back!
But, if you aren’t satisfied for any reason, or it doesn’t live up to your expectations, just e-mail the eBook back to me and I’ll refund your entire payment…
Right up to the final day of this 30-day guarantee!
I know having your grown son or daughter back under your roof can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be a disaster!
The sooner you apply some proven techniques to open the lines of communication and deal with the issues most likely to cause problems, the better off you — and your grown child — will be.
You can be on your way to a better situation just minutes after ordering and downloading the 115-page Hands-on Guide To Surviving Adult Children Living at Home.
But remember, you’ll also get your…
- 8-page Customizable “Under One Roof” contract for adult children living at home…
- An interactive Family Budget Calculator and 4-page Quick Start Guide…
- A 30-day guarantee
…all for only
$27.97 now just $19.97 for the holidays!
You’ll get instant access to your downloadable files seconds after making your payment. You can then read your eBook on the screen of your choice, or print it out to read anywhere!
Click the “buy now” button below to pay easily and safely through PayPal, using your PayPal account balance or favorite credit card:
The peace of mind and improved relationship with your adult child — not to mention your own sanity — is worth every penny!
P.S. Admitting you need a bit of help doesn’t mean you’re not a great parent. In fact, it’s a sign that you are a caring parent, who wants only the best for your grown son or daughter who’s come back home to live.
P.P.S. Remember, my 30-day guarantee means you can take a full month to try out some or all of my strategies in your own home, all without risk.