The Pew Research Center recently released some interesting statistics:
- 13% of parents with grown children say one of their adult sons or daughters has moved back home in the past year
- 10% of adults ages 18 to 34 say the poor economy has forced them to move back in with Mom and Dad
- 11% of all adults 18 or older live with their parents in their home
- Only seven-in-ten grown children who live with their parents are younger than 30 (that means 30% of them are over 30)
- Of all adults who report they currently live in their parents’ home, about a third (35%) say they had lived independently at some point in their lives before returning home
You can read an article that explains Pew’s methods of data collection, and provides some analysis, here.